Call For Papers
Theme: The Limits of Virtuality
Deadline: 28 June 2013
In this issue of fusion the editors invite contributions that investigate/comment on the limits of digital representation, issues of cross-media representaiton, and the function of creative copyright when representing creative practice/work in research and publications. We ask the following questions:
- How far can we go in trying to compete with fusions across virtual/real?
- What, in practice, does the representation of one communicative mode in another virtual, mode mean (in some way)?
- What are we doing when we say we are doing hybridity?
Guest Editors for this issue
Professor Craig Bremner (Charles Sturt University, Australia)
Dr Rohan Nicol (Australian National University)
Professor Brian Winston, (Lincoln University, UK)
Joint submissions which include a research student or early career researcher among the authors are especially welcome. Submissions which may be visual, aural, still, moving or written are invited for any one of the following sections of fusion.
- articles of between 4,000-6,000 words, or creative works and other projects of equivalent scope.
- reports, edited interviews, feature reviews of up to 4,000 words, or creative works and other projects of equivalent scope.
- reviews, responses, reprints of seminal reports and articles, and debate items of up to 2,000 words, or creative works and other projects of equivalent scope.
Before submitting, you must read the ‘Submission’ page for the journal’s Author/Creator Guidelines and Refereeing Process. Authors need to register with the journal before submitting. If you are already registered, you can simply log in.
For enquiries about submission guidelines or refereeing process please contact the fusion Editorial Assistant Michelle O’Connor at email@example.com
Submission Deadline: 28 June 2013
Review comments: 25 July 2013
Revised submissions due: 15 August 2013
Issue publication: 30 August 2013