001 – Fusion
fu·sion (fy zh n) noun.
- The merging of different elements into a union.
- The blending of different elements to form a larger nucleus with the simultaneous release of energy.
- A combination of different ingredients and techniques from very different cultures or countries.
This issue contains articles on any aspect – past and present – of the communication, media and creative industries which explore, analyse or otherwise attend to issues of fusion and hybridisations.
Table of Contents
- From confusion to fusion: The birth of a new academic, peer-reviewed, online journal. - Jane Mills
- Literary fusion/romantic infusion: Rosa Praed and Justin McCarthy - Susan Laverick
- Fluid Characters in Temporal Typography - Barbara Brownie
- Fusion and the Avant-Garde – Michael Chapman
- The Secret Lives of Stoves in Remote Australian Indigenous Communities – Christian Tietz